Friday, June 25, 2010

Guilty Pleasures: The Maury Povich Show

[EDITOR'S NOTE: We had no mail in the inbox today (shamelessselfproductions@gmail.com), so we'll skip the mailbag segment.]

Since I've been back home, I've indulged in a guilty pleasure every morning. At 8:00 A. M. each day, I turn on the television and tune into KADN and watch another fine episode of MAURY. That's right, I lower my IQ a little every day by watching the unwash of society air their problems on nationally syndicated television. This morning, I finally realized why I engage in this ritual. I watch MAURY so when I think my life sucks, there is always someone else with bigger problems than me. After all, when you hear Maury Povich announce the magic words of "You are NOT the father," you thank the Good Lord above that you aren't the guy that got the paternity test, the woman trying to figure out which of her fifteen partners is the father of her child, or the baby that's caught in the middle of everything.

An hour after MAURY goes off the air in Lafayette, THE PRICE IS RIGHT signs on KLFY. Of course, THE PRICE IS RIGHT makes anything and everything better. As these YouTube clip shows, it can even make the MAURY show more entertaining.





On Monday, my thoughts on kiddie softball parents and supporters.

No comments: